Sketchy Sunday Challenges ...

This post contains two different cards for the Sketchy Sunday Challenges over at i{heart}art.  This post is a little long because of the detailed information I am providing about the cards I made.

The first card is for TG015.

The second card is for TG016.

I recently won some Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen Big Brushes and a couple of the Faber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelles pencils from Tiffany.  Since I was creating for Tiffany's challenges I decided to give them a try. 

Pale Geranium Lake 121 Big Brush was used on the first card.
-  First I inked up the whole stamp with Memento Cottage Ivy and stamped it on yellow cardstock, then I inked up only the flowers with the big brush and stamped it on clear vellum.  After cutting the yellow cardstock to size I overlayed the vellum and marked off where it need to be cut, and trimmed it to size.  I used a punch in the center of the flowers so I could add the yellow brads.  Peapod twine was wrapped around the layered cardstock and tied into a bow.  Last was to ink up the sentiment with the big brush, and attach it to the basecard.  This was the easy card!

Black 199 and Cobalt Blue 143 Big Brushes were used on the second card.
- The stamp I used for this card is larger than the first so it took me a couple of times to get a good image to work with.  After this was accomplished I decided to try out the Aquarelles pencils, which was another challenge.  I incorporated some Copic Markers into the mix for the grass, leaves and the squirrel.  Then used some distress ink around the edges and flowers.  The sentiment was inked up with Cobalt Blue.  This was the easiest part of this card, except for putting all the layers together.

Side Note:  I only received two (2) Aquarelles from Tiffany.  I used my 30% discount to pick up some more from Archivers after a job interview.

I truly hope you are inspired by my interpretation of Tiffany's sketches.  To see the actual sketches please use the links listed above before each card.

Thank you for your patience, and for stopping by.


Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Gina K. Designs Spring Mix for both cards
 - Paper:  #1 - Bazzill Cottage Ivy and Paper Studio Clear Vellum; #2 - Neenah Classic Solar White, Bazzill Blues, and Yours Truly Lux White Scallop Circle Notes
 - Ink:  #1 - Memento Cottage Ivy and Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen Big Brush Geranium Lake 121; #2 - Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen Big Brush Black #199 and Cobalt Blue #143, Faber-Castell Aquarelles pencils, Copic Markers, Tim Holtz Stormy Sky and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink
 - Extras:  #1 - Peapod Twine from The Twinery and Yellow Brads
 - Tools:  #1 - Trimmer, Quickie Glue Pen, and ATG; #2 - Creative Memories Custom Cutting System Small Circle and all 3 blades, Darice Embossing Brushes and ATG

Comments

Carla said…
Both cards are so beautiful. Your coloring is so pretty! Hugs,
Tiff said…
Ruza, the little "side note" made me giggle like crazy! Looks like you've already mastered these products because both your cards are gorgeous! I love the shading you created with the aquarelle pencils!!! Make sure to share your cards with the DMC group on Facebook! Oh and thank YOU for playing!!!