I love you ...


This week I am celebrating 27 amazing years of being married to my loving husband. I have several cards that I've made over the past couple of months in anticipation of this day, but after looking at them again I thought they were too girlie. 

I decided to use this weeks CAS-ual Friday's Mostly Monochromatic Challenge along with the sketch from  Paper Players Challenge #65 to create a new card.

I chose blues tones for my card.  I turned the sketch, distressed the edges of the layers, popped on a Chipboard Heart that I stamped my heart and sentiment on, and then used distress ink to get the brown tone.

Masculine with a little bit of feminine in the mix.

Thanks for stopping by!

Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  A Muse Studio Hearts a Plenty & Essential Sentiments
 - Paper:  DeNami, DCWV Brights & Tradewinds, K&C Company Addison Stitched Strips Flat 12x12 Paper
 - Ink:  Memento Paris Dusk, Copic Markers B14 & B18, and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain
 - Extra:  Darice Chipboard Heart, A Muse Studio Forget Me Nots Paper Flower, and Recollections Rhinestones
 - Tools:  Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, Embossing Brushes, ATG, and 1/2" Craft Glue Dots

Comments

Lesley said…
Great job with the Sketch Ruza and the monochromatic theme! Love the distressed edges. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley
Kim Kelley said…
AWWW First a big congrats! 27 years is fantastic! Second love the card! I think you chose right!
Rita W said…
Happy Anniversary! Such a sweet card for your dear husband. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.
jaydee said…
Ruza, loved that you changed out the focal element and moved it just a little. The blue works so fabulously on this card. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee
~Tammy~ said…
Fantastic job with both challenges!
Tara Bilbao said…
I love how you turned the heart off to the side and all the distressing on it. Great job with the sketch challenge - Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!
Ann Schach said…
Wow! I LOVE this paper! The blinged blue flower and the blue heart are the perfect touches and just "pop" off the larger heart! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!
Ann Schach said…
Congratulations, Ruza! Your card is just perfect. I love the paper and the the blue heart and flower! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!
Julie Marshall said…
I love how you flipped the sketch and the colors are just perfect together. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!