Tri-fold Money Birthday Card ...

Good morning! Today I'm sharing a Birthday card featuring stamps from Great Impressions Stamps.


I wanted to create a Birthday card to put money inside. To start I took a 6-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of cardstock, scored the long side at 3-1/2" and 7", folded it and put it on the side. Next I cut a panel for the cover, stamped the Stacked Presents (H178) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and colored the image with my Copic Markers. I then stamped the Wishes Sentiment (D361), masked off the Stacked Presents, and used a dauber to apply a variety of Tim Holtz Distress Ink around the image and sentiment.

I then cut out 2 more panels. The first panel is for the cover of the inside flap of the card. I stamped the Sparkles Sentiment (F312) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and applied distress ink to match the cover.


For the second panel I stamped the Fun Balloons, which is a Retired GI Stamp, in three different colors. I added distress ink after masking the image leaving room to write a personal note inside.


Here's a picture of the card partially open.


I then added the Stacked Presents to the envelope to coordinate with my card, used twine that matches one of the presents to tie the card closed. It slips off and on very easily for easy access to the inside.


Challenges entered:
 - Scor-Pal Challenge #34 ~ More than One Fold/DT Call

Until next time ... Enjoy!




   
  

Comments

Unknown said…
Love it Ruza. So much better than sticking in a regular card.
Robin said…
This is wonderful! What a great idea! Hugs, Robin