Happy Birthday ...

Good afternoon. I have a NEW Challenge to share with you featuring products from Rubbernecker Stamps. This fortnight our Challenge #30 is "Recycle".  We want to see what you have around the house that you can recycle to make something beautiful.


I knew exactly what I was going to do when this challenge came up. I always get hot chocolate from Starbucks so I kept one of the wraps and some stoppers to use for today's card (picture shown below). I cut down the wrap, turned it inside out, scored, and created a flower pot. I applied Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the flower pot. I then cut the top off of all of the stoppers, and put them on the side.

I picked up Recollections Fine Crepe Paper at Michael's to use with the Mixeable Flower Stack Die Set. I layered the flowers together, and attached them to the stopper which I cut down to get the right layereing. Using the Small Leaf Group Die and shimmery green paper I cut out the leaves, and attached them to the stoppers. I then glued all of the flowers into my flowerpot, wrapped some ribbon around the pot, and adhered it to my card. I put 3D Foam Squares behind the flowers to keep them popped up. Cream colored Enamel Dots were added to the center of each flower.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is part of the Best Wishes, Etc. Stamp Set. I stamped the sentiment with Ranger Jet Black Ink, and then cut it out with my Nested Circle Dies w/Pierce. I added another layer of the circle behind the sentiment, and used 3D Foam Tape to add it to my card.

Here is a picture of the items I recycled.


 - Simply Create Too Challenge #137 ~ Use Die Cuts

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Comments

Very beautifully done. I love the dimension. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT
fusiafscrapping said…
Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.